Monday, April 14, 2008

Taylor King to Villanova

Duke Freshman Taylor King has decided to transfer to Villanova. King said, "It just couldn't be a better fit for me... I asked blunt questions, but I wanted everything they offered. They laid down their game plan for me and I couldn't resist."

He will sit out next season and will be eligible to play in 2009-2010 after Dante Cunningham, Shane Clark, Dwayne Anderson, and Frank Tchuisi graduate. King is a 6'6 forward noted for his 3-point shooting (37.7%). He averaged 5.5 points in his first season, with his best game coming on November 25 when he scored 27 points and made 6 of 11 threes.

King is Villanova's third McDonald's All-American, along with Scottie Reynolds and Corey Stokes. King's shooting should be a nice addition to the team. The year off should give him time to adjust to Jay Wright's system and help improve his defense and rebounding.

No comments: